Maritza E. González is an expert practitioner in equity, access, and inclusion. She has deep experience as a district leader and is currently supporting district and school leaders on Equity efforts across various states, including California, Texas, Alabama, Missouri, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Vermont. Her work draws from a framework and equity lens centered around student success, focusing on Culture & Climate, Academic Access & Opportunity, Families & Communities as partners, and Policies, Practices and Procedures.
Maritza was previously Executive Director/Chief Officer of Equity & Diversity for Metro Nashville Public Schools and Chief Diversity Officer for Prince George’s County Schools. She established departments overseeing systemic Equity & Diversity initiatives, Translation & Interpreting services, and Family Engagement. She was selected as a Racial Equity Leaders Network Fellow, a Flamboyan Family Engagement Fellow, and a Deeper Learning Equity Fellow. She was also co-founder and Chair of ALAS de TN, an affiliate for the Association of Latino Administrators & Superintendents (ALAS).
Originally from El Salvador, Maritza was the first in her family to surpass middle school and to pursue higher education. After earning the College Park Scholar’s Public Leadership Program Citation in completing her undergraduate, she continued her education, ultimately earning her PhD in Higher Education, Student Affairs, and International Education Policy. Maritza is also the founder of Alcanza Consulting, LLC.
- Diversity recruitment, retention & inclusion
- Equity, access & inclusion
- Family engagement
- Language access
- PhD in Higher Education, Student Affairs, International Education Policy from the University of Maryland
- MA in Education Leadership & Policy Studies from the University of Maryland
- BS in General Business with a specialization in International Business from the University of Maryland
- BA in Communication from the University of Maryland