Nancy Doorey has been deeply involved in public education and efforts to improve educational equity and quality for more than twenty years, serving as a teacher, policymaker, program director, and consultant in the areas of assessment, teacher quality, and leadership. She managed the 2018 content analysis of the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) reading and writing assessments and was lead author of the 2016 Fordham Institute review of the PARCC, Smarter Balanced, ACT Aspire, and Massachusetts assessments of college- and career-readiness standards.
Nancy co-led the Center for K-12 Assessment & Performance Management at ETS from 2009 to 2015, an entity formed to serve as a catalyst for advances in K-12 testing to support student learning. She has served on both a local school board and a state board of education and has taught at the elementary through graduate levels. Her current volunteer work includes serving as a commissioner on the Western Association of Schools and Colleges accreditation commission.
- College- and career-ready standards
- Policy analysis and development
- Student assessments
- Completed doctoral studies in Educational Leadership at Columbia University
- MA in Teaching in Elementary Education from Simmons College
- CAS in Computer Science from Harvard University Extension